Workers of the Haft Tappeh Sugarcane Company are continuing their strike and protests for three weeks, gathering and demanding delayed paychecks and answers to other issues raised with company officials. The workers could be seen marching, joined by their family members and children.
The main demands raised by the protesting workers are:
- Immediate payment of their delayed paychecks and extending their insurance booklets
- Their colleagues who have been expelled from their jobs be returned to work immediately
- All company officials involved in corruption be expelled from their posts
- Immediately returning all the embezzled money from the company to the workers
- Retired managers should no longer have any say in the company’s affairs and make room for new individuals