26/10/2021 - The trial of Hamid Nouri, one of the henchmen and perpetrators of the 1988 massacre of political prisoners in Iran, continues in Sweden. So far over a dozen witnesses have given their statements to the court, these include 2 volunteers of AWYAF.
Just recently in the week beginning 18th October, 5 witnesses in Albania, gave their testimonies via webcam. These 5 are members of the Iranian dissident group who, for many years, resided in Iraq, under numerous deadly attacks by the regime. It is only because of the many years of an international campaign to save their lives, which AWYAF and our dear supporters were a part of, that they were able to relocate to safety in Albania.
- Khadijeh Borhani, a former political prisoner whose six brothers were executed, testified. She said: “I was 12 years old when I was arrested in Qazvin. My parents put out bail to release me and then they sent me abroad.
- Hossein Seyed Ahmadi was the next witness and he said that four members of his family had been executed.
- Mehri Hajinejad, the next witness who herself was imprisoned for 5 years under pressure and torture. Four members of her family were executed. She had published her memoirs and the resistance of women in a book titled “The last smile of Leila”.
- The next witness was Mahnaz Meymanat whose 5 relatives, including her mother, were killed.
- The last witness of this week was Jafar Mir Mohammadi whose brother Aqeel was executed and his other brother disappeared.